Gingerbread cookies, ideal for the winter, not to mention the for all the cozy holiday time. Also super fun to make with kids!
Gingerbread cookies / Speculaas koekjes
- Basic recipe kruidnootjes (click link under this recipe.)
- Scraped almonds
- 1 egg
- Gluten-free flour (To sprinkle on your worksheet)
- Gingerbread cutters for making the cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare first the dough how it is described in the link below.
- Make a big ball from the dough, and then put it on your worksheet with some gluten-free flour on top of it and roll the ball into a straight slice. (See for yourself just what thickness you want for your cookies.)
- Then grab your desired shapes and cut with a little bit floured cutter.( you can also go for christmas cutters, just what you like.).
- Then put them on your baking sheet.
- Grab a small bowl and whisk your egg just in there.
- Spread some whisked eggs over the cookies, and add then some almonds over it.
- You can choose to sprinkle half the cookies with almonds and half just to spare, this is what I did. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in preheated oven.
- Take every now and then a look at your cookies, when they start to color they are getting ready!
Click here for the basic recipe for ” Kruidnootjes”