Since I already have received several emails asking if I have a recipe for a gluten and lactose-free almond bar (It's called a banketstaaf in Dutch, it's a typical dutch dish what we eat with a celebration). But since you guys asked so much about it, I started to experiment, and I think I have a good recipe!
Recipe type: Pastry
Serves: 2 rolls
- 250 Gram gluten & lactose-free puff pastry (If you get it out of the freezer, then of course let it first thaw)
- 300 Grams Almond paste/filling (Dutch people can buy it in a grocery store, but I don't know if you can get it in the USA or any other country, but I have a recipe to make it yourself. It's even healthier and more delicious to make it yourself. Click the link below the recipe to go to the recipe for the almost paste/filling)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- *Tip, also very delicious: Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder by your Almond paste!
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
- Roll your pastry out thinly and cut it into 2 equal halves.
- Whisk your egg in a bowl with 1 tablespoon water.
- Grab your almond pastry if you made it already out of the refrigerator.
- Put half of the egg mixture to your Almond paste/filling and knead well.
- Divide it into 2 halves.
- Make of the both halves a roll, and place each role on a half of your puff pastry.
- Fold the pastry around the almond filling and fold it completely together.
- Put some more pressure on the end of the role and push the pastry a little bit to the inside.
- Brush than the 2 banquet bars with the remaining egg mixture.
- Place your banquet bars in your preheated oven for about 30 minutes!
- (Check them sometimes to see if they are getting a nice color!)
With these ingredients you can make 2 bars of these delicious dish!
I hope you guys enjoy! – Emma