Lately I got a lot of emails with the question if I had any ideas and tips for a gluten and lactose-free dessert.. So you know me, I started to think and try things out. Most important, I wanted to make a simple recipe that everybody is able to make, and especially that doesn’t require a lot of time! So what’s the result? A delicious recipe for gluten- and lactose-free Ice cream cake with a biscuit crumb-bottom!
- Bottom :
- 200 Grams of gluten free gingerbread cookies (From Schär or Doves Farm, just a brand that you like, or of course you can make them yourself,click here for the recipe. )
- 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 500ML Soy / Dairy free Whipping Cream (For USA: So Delicious CocoWhip. For Europe : Alpro Soy whipping cream or MinusL whipping cream.)
- 200 ML of lactose-free milk, or soy / rice milk!
- 150 Grams nougatine grains *
- 100 Grams of gluten- and lactose-free meringues
- * I make myself the Nougat! Look down the recipe how to do it!
- First, create the bottom for this ice-cream pie.
- Put your gluten-& lactose-free gingerbread cookies in a food processor, until you have really little crumbs.
- Then add 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it together.
- Then put your mixture in a round baking pan.
- Now press mixture firmly with the backside of a table spoon over the mixture so it becomes a solid bottom and make sure you filled the whole bottom your whole round baking pan.
- Now put this in your refrigerator so it can harden up. (For like a half hour to 1 hour.)
- Then pick up a large mixing bowl and add your 200 ml of dairy/lactose free milk, your whipped cream and mix this well together so you have a thick creamy mixture.
- Finally add ⅔ of the nougatine, and the crumbled meringue and spoon with a spatula through the whipped cream mixture.
- Then grab your round baking pan with the crust bottom in it, and pour the cream mixture over the bottom.
- Once you've done this, you can decorate the top with the remaining nougatine.
- Now put it away for a night in the freezer, and enjoy your ice-cream pie the next day!
Below you can see how to do it:
You need 150 grams of nuts, think of peanuts or hazelnuts. (I used peanuts) and 60 grams of sugar (I used Truvia, you can chose any sugar which you like and can tolerate)
Preheat your oven to 175 degrees and place the nuts on a baking sheet (with parchment paper) and place them for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven. (Turn the nuts when they are on the half of the baking time)
Then in a saucepan you caramelize your sugar. Do this slowly on low heat, stir often so it doesn't burn!
If this is done, then add the nuts and stir it well and then let the whole mixture cool down.
Once it has cooled down you can grind the whole mixture with a hand blender or in a food processor, and voilà you have homemade Nougatine!
I hope you guys enjoy! -Emma