Self almond paste/filling for the filled almond pastry is so easy to make and delicious!
And if you like I used Sukrin sugar (contains 0 calories and fructose-free) the paste becomes a lot healthier than the typical almond paste which is loaded with sugar! Want to make almond paste itself? Easy!
- 200g Ground almonds
- 200g Sukrin Sugar (or stevia)
- 1 egg **
- * Optional half a lemon, but I have a allergy for lemons so I don't use it!
- Beat your egg in a bowl.
- Mix your amond flour with your sugar.
- Put the egg mixture through your other bowl with the almond flour and sugar, and knead well with your hands.
- Put it in a plastic container in your refrigerator and leave it for a few days to a week. (That's the best, then all the flavors can develop over the time. Almond paste needs the time to get a really good taste!
- *Are you using your lemon? Grate the lemon and squeeze the lemon juice and add to your almond / sugar mixture.
- ** Use your like me no lemon? Then you need 1.5 to 2 eggs instead of one egg!
- (Check if your almond paste/filling has reached the desired thickness, for me this was with one and a half egg!)